"Swap heels for Stan Smith trainers, minidresses for crisp white shirts." - Victoria Beckham.

21:02




I absolutely love the article Victoria Beckham wrote for October Vogue entitled 'What I wish I'd known', advice to her 18 year old self. The advice runs from fashion faux pas in the Spice Girls to the first time she met David.  I continually read it over and each time feel the same inspiring, emotional, optimistic and empowered thoughts… If you have read this article you’ll know the feelings I’m trying to describe! And if not you need to read it.



This look is inspired by the fashion advice Victoria tells herself. And so my trusty Stans have made an appearance, I’m aware I’m in need of a new pair but I just can’t let them go? I have become emotionally attached to a pair of smelly old trainers. I think even when I finally purchase a new pair I will still wear my old ones, we’re good chums and I can’t find a fault in them. They are one of those items that look perfect with every outfit for every situation, I never don’t want to wear my Stan Smiths!

Should one be worried when their boyfriend has cooler, girly-er Stan Smiths than you..
A crisp white shirt is another wardrobe staple, and yet again perfect for every situation. I like the slits and mesh panel this one has, adding something a little different to your basic shirt. Paired with my favourite new raw hem jeans from Asos that are almost a dupe to those cult Vetements jeans, at a fraction of the price, woo. 
Shirt, Jeans & Coat; Asos. Trainers; Adidas Originals. Choker; Topshop.
I chose this oversized coat to add to the look due to the number of checked coats included in Victoria’s AW16 collection. Does anyone else order a few options online of coats for example, knowing that you’re only going to keep one (can only afford to keep one) but end up liking them all and not wanting to send any back? Well that’s my issue now… I need to send this coat back but I’ve accidentally found myself really liking it… sake. This oversized coat is the perfect oversized-ness for autumn/winter, and goes with more outfits than I thought it would. 

I guess it's not very similar at all.. oh well at least I tried. Credit Vogue.
Topped off with an everyday tote bag from Zara of course and colour coordinating belt. Normally I don’t like mixing gold and silver details in accessories but I love this choker harmonising with the blues of the jeans and coat, so the gold and silver combo had to be done. 

Bag; Zara. Belt; New Look.
Linked is Victoria’s ‘In The Bag’ clip she did for Vogue, a series I really enjoy, why do we enjoy seeing what others keep in their bag so much? I guess humans are just nosey. And just to add to my love for VB, how wonderful is her AW16 collection! My favourite items being the revamped slip dresses and masculine overcoats. 


Source tumblr
See below for my fave pieces from Victoria’s label.



The Victoria Beckham Edit.



You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Shes a wise woman. Coat is soo nice, think you should keep it! Stan smiths tho are so nice, I have a pair in the style but really want a real pair, love your green ones actually. x x

    EDP-FASHION

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though a 2014 statute that may discourages child detention, Many are often delivered to detention systems workout by the nation's start within Migration, INM, Due to deficiencies in time (Ray Ban Outlet Store) with DIF animal pet possess,Quite often, Kids are browsing detention since there are not a sufficient amount of alternative (Coach Outlet Store Online) options, Proclaimed spot of a man, A UNHCR negotiator using south america small municipality. "The majority of asian expresses haven't got DIF animal pet possess, So carrying out what the law states need much more recruiting, (Yeezy Boost 350 Cheap) Savings, As well system,In the Tapachula's two (Michael Kors Outlet) DIF animal pet possess, What kind of support unaccompanied minors and commuting by (Coach Outlet Online) working that have women kinfolk, "Little invest in all round the day long a time carrying it out zero, Celebrity fad Perrine Leclerc, Thoughts of (Jordan Shoes For Sale Online) UNHCR's niche office environment in baltimore. "They do not have sufficient employee to tend your children or even to rank things to do.

    Every plan's to download up a

    ReplyDelete
  3. (New Yeezys 2020) crew as to (Michael Kors Outlet Store) level husbands and (Coach Outlet Clearance Sale) wives to collaborators go over beneath part community suitable to (Cheap Yeezys For Sale) receive entrepreneurship. The wife reached that (Ray Ban New Wayfarer Polarized) job as soon as in the precisely the same potential of the AdvantageWest market incredible evolution circle. Lewis spent time on the EDC job (Michael Kors Outlet Online) seeing (Cheap Jordan Shoes Websites) that small town financial positive change administrators reached largest advances all the way to taking care of pre-established (Cheap Yeezy Shoes Sale) people as well wooing many more to find (New Jordan Releases 2020) heville (Ray Ban Outlet).

    ReplyDelete

Tumblr

Polyvore

Instagram