"I wish I had invented blue jeans" - Yves Saint Laurent

21:35


You cannot go wrong with everyone’s favourite blue fabric, denim of course. It goes with everything and seems to never go out of fashion. Dress it up or dress it down, denim will always have a place in your wardrobe regardless of the season. I’ve been obsessed with street style fashion week pictures from around the globe and the double denim look stood out by far. 

(Dealing with unpredictable Scottish weather.. ) Jacket; Vintage. Top; Zara. Belt; Aldo. Bag; Jigsaw. Jeans & Boots; Topshop.
Starting off my best indigo buys of the year with a €20 denim jacket I accidentally stumbled across at a street market in Berlin. I’m unsure if it’s actually vintage or just a really unknown foreign brand but it does the trick and looks like a Camden Town worthy denim jacket. At a mens XL it is really big for me but the oversized style means I can fit it over cosy jumpers in the winter or throw it over a dress in summer. How do people survive without a denim jacket?!

What is my hair doing in that little loop..
Enhance the look with my favourite mom jeans from Topshop and create the classic double denim combo. I really don’t understand how somebody can’t like double denim, it is the perfect effortless look. Normally I become disappointed with Topshop jeans after a few wears due to dye fading or lost shape but this pair are nearly a year old and are only just starting to feel like they’ve been lived in. Add a pair of black boots, a granny chic embroidered top, a black holdall and you are ready to do the denim on denim thing (without looking too 2001 Britney/Justin).


#britneyandjustinforever - Marie Claire
I feel the same as YSL.. imagine inventing blue jeans..





P.S. Has anybody watched Black Mirror on Netflix? I’m obsessed!



See below for my favourite denim picks, complete with patches too.




The Denim Edit.








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Tumblr

Polyvore

Instagram