"I have said that black has it all. White too. Their beauty is absolute. It is the perfect harmony." —Coco Chanel

21:15

Monochrome is by far the easiest colour combination to pull off. Sleek and sophisticated with little thought needed, simply put together your favourite black and white pieces and ta dah, a perfect monochrome harmony is created.

Jumpsuit; Zara. Top; Boohoo. Bag; Primark.  
Living in Scotland I have to admit I prefer not to buy so much summer clothing but instead focus on purchasing summer ish clothing that I can basically wear all year round. So that leaves me with plenty of outfit options for autumn/winter, my favourite clothing season! Being able to wear summer clothes in winter might sound ridiculous at first but once you learn how to layer, it is a piece of cake. 

Boots; Topshop. Jacket; Zara.
So how do you wear a summer jumpsuit in winter? Well, thankfully AW16 is all about layering. So simply add a basic turtleneck underneath, a cosy pullover on top or a chunky scarf to keep you warm. I’ve paired this gorgeous pinstripe jumpsuit I bought from Topshop in the summer with a ribbed turtleneck to turn it into a wintertime appropriate look. To keep the black and white thing going I’ve accessorised with a studded clutch from Primark years ago… I’m not usually one to shop in Primark but I have to admit I do love a bargain. Who doesn’t!


To carry on the colour pallet I’ve added my trusty biker jacket, a definitive wardrobe staple. Although this Zara one is not real leather it does the trick until I can afford a ‘proper’ one… I love the buckle adding some extra detail to an everyday jacket. Another wardrobe staple has to be black chelsea boots with a little heel. Don’t you love when you find the perfect hight of heel that doesn’t look like a tiny kitten one or a massive stiletto and is comfy to walk in for long (ish) periods of time!!! Happy days. UPDATE: I wore these for over 12 hours on an day trip to Edinburgh and had super sore feet by the end of the day, booo. I’ve been loving Topshop boots this year, will definitely be adding to the collection on boxing day. I’m excited for boxing day sales already!? Eek!
(Real life footage of me boxing day shopping) - Source
By the way when is the appropriate time to start listening to Christmas songs? I have to admit I listened to a Spotify xmas playlist last week… Santa Baby and Fairytale of New York did make an appearance… 

See below for some monochrome picks. 



The Monochrome Edit.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Tumblr

Polyvore

Instagram